Saturday, September 27, 2008

Thank You, Senator McCain

Thank you, Senator McCain, you've helped me make up my mind. I've been vacillating about my vote for the presidency; I wasn't going to be able to vote for the person I had been hoping for and was left feeling somewhat adrift. But your recent frenetic flurry of activity has calmed my mind. I now know how I want to vote.

How I want to vote. You see, that's what has been missing for me since June. I was left with the prospect of voting purely on the issues. Dry. Blah. It wasn't that I had lost all passion for the political events that filled the news. It was that I couldn't get excited about voting.
I usually face voting with anticipation, but this time around it was a duty to be faced. But now all that has changed. A fire has been kindled deep within. I eagerly await the arrival of my ballot. My choice is made, and excitement is stirring. I no longer am faced with merely voting for my party's candidate or voting for issues. I can now vote for a person. And I have you to thank for that, Senator McCain.

When my ballot arrives in a few days I will cast my vote, with all my heart and will, for Barack Obama.

No comments: